Hotel La Fonda De Taos Policies
We look forward to welcoming you to our Taos accommodations. Before your stay, please review our policies below. If you have any questions please give us a call at 575-758-2211.
- The La Fonda is an entirely non-smoking property and cannot accommodate pets.
- Rates are for double occupancy on standard rooms, and quadruple occupancy on suites and double queen rooms.
- No children under the age of 8.
- Hotel parking is available to all guests for $6 per day.
- One night’s stay will be charged to your credit card as a deposit when your reservation is booked. The balance is due upon check in.
- Cancellations of 3 or more days prior to the reservation date are fully refundable.**
- Deposits will be forfeited on cancellations less than 3 days out.**
- Cancellation on reservations made through third party channels (ie: Expedia, Booking.com, etc.) must be cancelled through the same booking engine as the original reservation. Please do not call the hotel to cancel unless you booked directly via our website or by calling our hotel’s direct phone number.
- The Hotel La Fonda de Taos is an entirely non-smoking property and cannot accommodate pets.
- Rates are for double occupancy on standard rooms, and quadruple occupancy on suites.
* Peak rates may apply to other holidays, special events & weekend events. Rates are based on single or double occupancy. Rates do not include 13.5% tax and are subject to change without notice.
**During the holiday season (December 23, 2016 through January 1, 2017) we do require a 14 day cancellation for you to be eligible for a refund.
We at the Hotel La Fonda (“Hotel La Fonda De Taos” or “we”) respect your preferences concerning the treatment of Personal Information that we may collect. This policy lets you know how we collect and use your Personal Information and describes our practices regarding information collected from the Hotel La Fonda site or for sites that link or refer to this site, computer or mobile software applications, social media pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages), as well as through offline sales and marketing activities (collectively, the “Channels”).
Personal and Other Information We Collect
Through your interaction with and use of the Channels Hotel La Fonda may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, company affiliation and associated interests.
Hotel La Fonda may also collect Other Information through your interaction with and use of this website, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining a precise geographical location with your name. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use and Share Information
The Hotel La Fonda uses and shares the Personal Information it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Transactions. Hotel La Fonda may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- Process Transactions. Hotel La Fonda may use Personal Information along with, financial, credit card, and payment information, to process your transactions.
- Provide Support or Other Services. Hotel La Fonda may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you have ordered.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs and Respond to Your Requests. Hotel La Fonda may use your Personal Information to notify you about upcoming events and happenings in Taos, and to advertise Hotel La Fonda’s services in accordance with this Policy. Hotel La Fonda may also use Personal Information in order to respond directly to your information requests (including newsletter registrations or other specific requests).
- Obtain Third Party Services. We also share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to Hotel La Fonda, such as credit card processing services, analytics, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When Hotel La Fonda shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- Comply with Legal Requirements. Hotel La Fonda may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use, transfer, and disclose Other Information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
Hotel La Fonda and our third party service providers may collect both Personal Information and Other Information from a variety of sources that generally fall into two categories:
- Direct Interactions: From your use of and interaction with us through the Channels and other activities such as submission of booking requests and subsequent transactions.
- Automated Interactions: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, embedded URLs, widgets or buttons and tools.
Although Hotel La Fonda’s use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about Hotel La Fonda’s current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions.
Electronic Communications Protocols: As is true when you visit most websites, Hotel La Fonda may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time. Hotel La Fonda may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Channels, such as clickstream information (when each Hotel La Fonda webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), or general geo-location data.
Retention and Deletion
Hotel La Fonda will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, Hotel La Fonda will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Hotel La Fonda uses some third parties to administer a limited set of Hotel La Fonda advertisements on third party electronic channels. No Personal Information is provided to the advertisers as part of this process, but aggregate profile information or Other Information, such as implied or inferred interests, may be used in the selection of advertising to make sure that it has relevance to the user.
Note that this section pertains only to advertising to market Hotel La Fonda products and services performed on Hotel La Fonda’s behalf.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to Hotel La Fonda. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, Hotel La Fonda uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter sensitive Personal Information such as your credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Hotel La Fonda will notify you by e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail. Hotel La Fonda will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Hotel La Fonda to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
We ask that you not send us, and you not share any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., credit card numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).