Taos Tours to Book in 2018
Taos is one of the most storied places in the U.S. - home to museums, art galleries, and theaters with over a century of colorful history. Additionally, Taos boasts spectacular natural beauty which has inspired thousands of artisans through the years.
If you’re planning your first trip, the best way to experience the magic is to book a guided tour from one of the many highly-respected guides in the area. Whether you want to dive into history and art or experience the adventure of the backcountry, here are our top guide recommendations:
Turquoise Tours offer some of the best tours in the area, whether your interests are in culture, food, or adventure. Their most popular tour, the Taos Highlights Tour, is a van tour leading past some of the most popular sites in Taos, including:
- Taos Pueblo – The oldest continuously-inhabited community in the U.S.
- Taos Plaza – Including every local building on the National Register of Historical Places.
- Rio Grande Gorge – Experience the gorge from the towering 565’-high bridge.
Turquoise Tours offers a plethora of other tours, including a winery tour and a half-mile historic walking tour. With Turquoise Tours, there’s a tour for everyone!
Heritage Inspirations Tours is another one of the most highly-touted tour companies, offering both half-day and full-day tours. Some of their half-day options include:
- Active Tour – Wind through Rio Grande National Monument’s stellar terrain on a 2.5-mile hike where you learn about the area’s magnificent geology, onwards to the breathtaking views from the Gorge Bridge, and on to the sustainable masterpiece of the Earthship Biotecture.
- Cultural Tour – Explore the famous Taos Pueblo, through the Millicent Rogers Museum with some of the area’s finest cultural artifacts, and onwards to the towering Gorge Bridge.
- Artisan Walking Tour – Experience some of downtown’s most rich and diverse art – both new and old – in this fantastic walking tour.
Heritage Inspirations additionally offers tours featuring horseback rides, hikes, wineries, stand up paddle boarding, and other exciting adventures!
Taos Trolley Tours host tours from their quaint trolleys, guiding you past some of the richest and most historical areas of Taos. Their Taos Pueblo Excursion is their most famous, featuring:
- A guided trip through the streets, shops and museums of downtown.
- An hour-long stop at the 100 year old Taos Pueblo.
- A final photo stop at the picturesque San Francisco de Assisi church.
Looking for a new perspective on the area? Look no further than the high-flying Pueblo Balloon Tour’s scenic hot air balloon rides. This thrilling experience includes:
- Uniquely beautiful panoramas of the area.
- An exciting drop into the breathtaking Rio Grande Gorge.
- A champagne toast at the end of the journey!
Between the art, history, culture, and adventure that these tours offer, we’re confident that there is something for everyone. Book your stay at Hotel La Fonda today, and make sure to check out one of these wonderful tours!